Crock Pot Pinto Beans is a classic recipe that is always a family favorite. Making pinto beans from scratch is easy to make in the slow cooker.
Clay Pot Bean Recipe
pintos bean Crock Pot recipe is easy to prepare and the perfect meal to prepare at any time of the year. It is a simple comfort food recipe that is made with easy ingredients.
These are the best pinto beans of clay pot. Pinto beans are easily cooked in the slow cooker to get tender and tasty for an easy weekday meal. Pinto beans are inexpensive and taste much better when cooked at home.
Skip canned pinto beans and make them at home. If you grew up eating pinto beans, then you’ll love this recipe. You can also learn how to make black beans for an easy side.
Serve them with your burritos, tacos or as a main course. The perfect food to warm up.
What are pinto beans
Pinto beans are a common bean that is used in chili or mash and made into refried beans. These beans can be purchased dried or cooked in a can.
Pinto beans can be cooked in a slow cooker or on the stove. Ingredients: Dried pinto beans
- Yellow onion, finely chopped
- Chopped salt
- Ground garlic
- oregano water Low-sodium
- chicken broth
- pinto beans
bay leaves Dried
How to cook
in the clay pot
- Step 1 – Rinse dry beans in a strainer and remove damaged beans or any residue from the package. Then put the beans in a 6-quart pot.
- Step 2 – Add the remaining ingredients to the clay pot. Stir to combine all ingredients.
- Step 3 – Cover and simmer for 8-10 hours or over high heat for 4-5 hours until the beans are tender. Each slow cooker works differently, so adjust the cooking time based on your slow cooker.
- 4 – Remove the bay leaves from the clay pot
- Step 5 – Serve hot with your favorite ingredients and enjoy.
How long to cook
pinto beans in a clay pot: We recommend simmering pinto beans
for about 8-10 hours. The cooking time will vary depending on your clay pot. It really takes so long to cook the tender beans.
I recommend starting them first thing in the morning and they will be ready for dinner. I like to try a tablespoon of beans before serving.
Cooking beans in the slow cooker is my favorite way to make pinto beans. Everything is thrown into the slow cooker and cooked perfectly. We recommend cleaning and removing bad pinto beans or dirt from the lot.
Can I put
raw beans in the clay pot?
One of the best and easiest ways to make pinto beans in the clay pot. It’s inexpensive and you don’t have to worry about them burning in the slow cooker. Be sure to cover with enough water and your beans will cook tender and delicious.
It takes minutes to prepare and you can use a simple seasoning to make them. The slow cooking of pinto beans makes the beans tastier. It’s the perfect meal to plan ahead to stock your freezer.
Do you have to soak the
pinto beans before cooking in the cooking pot? You don’t have to soak these beans by cooking them in
a clay pot. Growing up, my mother would prepare a batch of beans by dipping them in a large pot of water overnight.
But now that I make pinto beans in the slow cooker, there’s no need to pre-soak the beans. Cooking dried beans in the slow cooker is the easiest and best way to prepare tender and delicious pinto beans.
How to season
The best thing about pinto beans is that the seasoning changed to what you have on hand. We use simple seasonings such as garlic, cumin and oregano.
- Sautéed Jalapeño and Onions – To add flavor to pinto beans, try sautéing the jalapeño and onions before adding them to the slow cooker
- Southwest Spices – Mix seasonings such as cayenne pepper, cumin and chili. This mixture of seasonings brings a lot of flavor to the beans.
- You can easily season pinto beans with salt and pepper
- Ham Hock – If we make a ham, we like to freeze the ham hock to cook with slow-cooking pinto beans. Add a lot of flavor to pinto beans.
Salt and pepper –
Can I make instant refried beans? Yes, you can
make instant refried beans
. The refried beans turned out so good and were so easy to make. The ingredients were simple and saved me a lot of money.
They tasted much better than canned refried beans. This is a great recipe.
Black beans vs pinto beans:
When we go to a Mexican restaurant or make Mexican food at home, I’m always trying to figure out the right beans to make
- Both beans are rich in fiber and a good source of protein.
- slightly more carbohydrates than black beans, but they have about the same calorie count.
- pinto beans are plentiful, low-fat and healthy additions to your diet.
Pinto beans have
Black beans and
How to store: Refrigerate
leftover beans in an airtight container for up to 1 week. Store in individual containers for an easy lunch the next day. Reheat in the microwave at 30-second intervals to heat well.
How to freeze
Freezing pinto beans is easy to do. This is a great way to prepare your pinto beans for crushing and making refried beans.
- Cool thoroughly – After cooking pinto beans, allow them to cool completely before storing
- Separate pinto beans in a freezer-safe container or a zip-lock bag. I like to store in small portions so I can use it as a garnish.
- Remove air: If you store it in a zip-lock bag, be sure to squeeze the air out before storing it in the freezer
- Freeze – If pintos are stored correctly, they will last up to 3 months.
. Place in container –
What to serve with slow cook pinto beans
: Slow cook pinto beans
can easily be served as a main course or as an accompaniment to your favorite Mexican recipes
. Pan Fries
- – There’s something about crispy fries that brings me back to my childhood. This is the perfect side of pinto beans.
- – Make a plate of nachos and place pinto beans on top.
- Burrito or Tacos – Make your favorite taco meat and mix some picto beans cooks
- a delicious inexpensive meal and mix beans and rice together
- Chili – Make your favorite chili recipe and add pinto beans in the mix.
- Baking potato – We like to make baked potatoes and spoon some pinto beans over time. Idea of abundant and healthy food.
- Refried beans – Crush some cooked pinto beans to easy refried
- Soups – We love making taco soups and adding fresh pinto beans to the lot makes the best soup. That’s why I like to put pinto beans in individual containers to easily add to soups and chili.
. Mix in rice – Make
Print here the recipe for Crock Pot Pinto Beans
Easier Slow Cooker
Recipes: Potato Slow Cooker
- Gratin Crock Pot Black Eye Peas
- Cooker Recipe Red Potato Recipe