When it comes to versatility in the kitchen, it’s pretty hard to beat a good slow cooker. If you have a bunch of canned food in the cupboard, throw it all in the slow cooker for the day and at the end of it all you’ll have a delicious chili. On the other hand, fill it with some dough and a sweet filling and you can even make a baked dessert. Perhaps best of all, he tends to cook meat perfectly.
The recipe we have for you today is a twist on your favorite meat stew recipes. That’s right, we’re making a slow-cooked vegetarian meat stew with V8 juice. Although the preparation is relatively simple, the results are rich, tasty, and probably unlike anything you’ve done in your slow cooker before. Who knew that getting your veggies could be so delicious? Start.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- pounds beef, diced
- Yukon golden potatoes
- celery stalks
- tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 12-ounce can V8 juice
- /4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon pepper
, chopped 1 medium onion, chopped 3 carrots, chopped 2
, chopped 1 garlic clove, chopped 1
1/2 teaspoon paprika 1
Here’s what you do:
1. First, start by cutting your meat if you haven’t already. Pour your cubes into a bowl and season with half a teaspoon of salt and half a teaspoon of pepper. Add flour so that all your cubes are covered without lumps of flour and leave everything aside.
2. After that, throw your carrots, celery, onion, and potatoes in your slow cooker. Season those with the rest of their salt and pepper, as well as their paprika. Add the garlic and Worcestershire sauce before finishing it all off with the floured meat cubes.
3. With everything ready, pour your V8 juice on top of everything and make sure everything is well mixed and combined. When everything is ready, cover the slow cooker and cook it over high heat for five hours. Be sure to open it halfway and remove everything as well.
4. When the time is up, open the slow cooker and check that the meat is fully cooked. Flavor the mixture and add extra salt and pepper as you see fit. Once done, let it sit for 15 minutes and garnish with parsley before serving it hot.
While there are plenty of easy slow cooker beef recipes, this one has some cool frills that make everything taste so much better. Flouring the meat helps to cover them with a layer of flavoring and the V8 juice adds an acidity that makes everything stand out. To add even more flavor, you can also brown the meat cubes and vegetables in a pan before throwing everything together in the slow cooker. Serve the end result with a good crusty bread for better results!
Please SHARE this with your friends and family.