covering uneven, rough and bumpy skin can be an ordeal unless you have the best foundations for textured skin. Such skin problems can make it difficult for you to go out and attend an office party or meeting. Plus, if you put on too much makeup to hide the texture, it can end up looking heavy and cakey. But foundations specially designed for uneven skin can help you deal with this problem easily without damaging your skin. they blur imperfections and hide wrinkles and pores to give you a flawless, radiant finish. swipe up for more information.
what is textured leather
Skin with a dry, dull, damaged and uneven surface is the appearance of textured skin. When the skin’s surface becomes damaged and rough due to dehydration, sun damage, pores, environmental damage, and other issues, the result is textured skin.
what textured skin looks like
textured skin looks uneven, damaged, rough, dull and bumpy to the touch. textured skin can also be sensitive, so special care must be taken to ensure that the products used do not further irritate your skin.
Let’s take a look at the 11 best foundations for textured skin.
11 best foundations for textured skin
1. best oil-free formula: maybelline fit me matte + poreless liquid foundation
This moisturizing, oil-free liquid foundation from Maybelline offers a soft, dewy glow while covering pores and blemishes. Available in shades to suit every skin tone, this foundation makes skin look smooth and flawless. it also reduces the appearance of pores while imparting a natural matte finish. the base offers a non-pasty finish to your makeup. provides medium coverage and improves skin texture by imparting a natural, dewy look with spf 18 for sun protection.
- available in 40 shades to suit every skin tone
- offers a lightweight matte finish
- blends easily into skin
- offers smooth coverage on mature skin
- may feel patchy on dry skin
2. best long-wear formula: estee lauder double wear stay-in-place makeup-2n1 desert beige
A lightweight, dual-wear foundation is a great way to combat skin blemishes without leaving skin feeling greasy. This shimmering long-wearing foundation minimizes pores and has a 15-hour staying power. The best thing about foundation is that it withstands humidity, heat, and rigorous activity without changing color or smudging, making it perfect for all-day wear. Need more information? watch this video.
- dual-use semi-matte foundation
- does not leave a greasy residue
- fragrance-free and suitable for various skin types
- light and long-lasting
- ideal for daily use
- takes time to blend on skin
3. the best for a no-makeup look: the infallible total cover foundation from l’oreal paris
The name of the product says it all. This is a full coverage foundation that feels creamy and smooth on the skin and helps you achieve a no-makeup look. The foundation offers up to 24 hours of full coverage and feels feather-light on the skin. Plus, if you’re worried about redness or blemishes, this long-wearing foundation conceals all blemishes, evening out pores all at once. Click here to see this youtuber’s unbiased review of this foundation.
- offers 24-hour coverage
- feels light and natural on the skin
- effectively covers acne scars and blemishes
- highly pigmented for maximum coverage
- easy to blend
- available in limited shades only
- slightly watery formula
4. Best Lightweight Formula: Dermablend Creator Flawless Professional Multi-Purpose Liquid Foundation
Just a small amount of this foundation will instantly cover your blemishes and pores while offering long-lasting coverage. So if you’re headed to a party straight from work, this foundation is a great choice! the foundation uses liquid pigments that blend easily with the skin and offer a smooth, even appearance. For a youthful complexion, use this foundation as it is sure to leave you with crease-free makeup.
- makes pores and blemishes less visible
- lightweight foundation
- does not feel sticky or patchy after hours of application
- oil and fragrance free
- dermatologist tested for sensitive skin
- comes in poor packaging
- has a very thick consistency
5. best organic formula: evxo peek a boo organic liquid mineral foundation
The secret to this long-wearing foundation is its buildable coverage and aloe-based formula that creates a layer of makeup that feels like a second skin. offers lightweight, buildable coverage that hides blemishes, wrinkles, fine lines and blemishes without being too cakey or clogging pores. it blends easily into your skin, giving you the flawless look you desire.
- organic ingredients offer a dewy, smooth feel
- won’t clog pores
- hides pores, blemishes and acne scars
- free of plastic, silicone, parabens, toxins and sulfates
- vegan formula based on aloe with vitamin e for greater nutrition
- packaging is messy
- consistency may feel thick and heavy
6. best for an even tone: laura geller color correcting foundation
A color-correcting foundation is what textured skin needs right away. This baked foundation conceals pores and brightens your skin for an even-toned glow. its lightweight formula adjusts to skin’s texture and color while leaving your skin looking radiant and flawless. In addition, it is not composed of additional fillers and acts gently on the face and neck for hours and hours.
- enriched with antioxidants and white tea extracts
- illuminates skin with luminous coverage
- available in multiple shades for different complexions
- may change color after a while
- not suitable for dry skin
7. Best Creamy Formula: Revlon Colorstay Whipped Cream Makeup
Have you always wondered what their most beloved celebrities look like in their red carpet looks? for this we recommend revlon colorstay whipped cream foundation which blends easily and creates a light, natural look. This foundation features a time-release technology formula that becomes one with your skin, delivering an insta-worthy look for up to 24 hours. the whipped cream base has a light mousse-like texture that doesn’t get cakey as the day goes on.
- features a creamy formula
- pigment rich that lasts all day
- also suits oily skin
- disguises pores
- offers a wet shine
- available in limited shades
8. Best Allergy Tested Formula: Clinique Anti Blemish Solutions Liquid Makeup
For those struggling with blemishes and red spots on their skin, this anti-blemish liquid makeup is the perfect solution. This foundation provides full coverage with a radiant glow, is toxin-free and suits all skin types. it’s allergy tested, 100% fragrance-free and also safe to use on sensitive skin.
- works well on blemishes and pores on mature skin
- doesn’t feel greasy on skin
- can be used on acne-prone skin
- offers medium to full coverage
- may change color after time on certain skin tones
9. best moisturizing formula: benefit cosmetics hi oxygen flawless wow illuminating makeup
all the ladies are excited about this product and for good reason! This skin-illuminating, oil-free liquid foundation allows for a smooth application and lets your skin breathe. is selected to offer light to medium coverage that enhances your natural complexion. for healthy-looking skin with a luminous glow, this is the foundation to choose. builds quickly on skin’s surface while hydrating from within. watch this video for a complete understanding of the foundation.
- doesn’t feel cakey or blotchy on skin
- helps hide pores, wrinkles and blemishes
- offers a dewy finish
- works gently on sensitive and combination skin
- has a watery consistency
10. best sun protection: tarte cosmetics amazonian clay 12 hour full coverage foundation
Don’t we all want a radiant, even complexion? This clay-based foundation offers full coverage for up to 12 hours and goes on like butter! Curated with Amazonian clay and enriched with SPF 15 to protect your skin from sun damage, this formula hides blemishes, fights skin blemishes and offers an even complexion.
- enriched with vitamin e
- protects from harmful sun rays and free radical damage
- titanium and micronized zinc protect skin from environmental damage
- offers light to medium coverage
- has a thick consistency
- perhaps difficult to blend on dry skin
11. best chemical free formula: becca ultimate coverage 24 hour foundation
here is a foundation formulated with high water content and zero parabens. This sheer-pigmented foundation offers full coverage and helps hide dark spots and uneven texture within minutes of application. This alcohol- and fragrance-free foundation will leave your skin feeling velvety smooth, even at the end of the day. It’s the perfect choice for everyday wear and special events.
- suitable for dry and sensitive skin
- alcohol, phthalate and paraben free
- water-based foundation
- light on the skin
- does not feel greasy on oily skin
- quantity may be less
- slightly dry
It is crucial to understand how to choose the foundation that best suits your skin. we’ll do that in the next section.
how to find the perfect foundation for textured skin
To find the perfect foundation for textured skin, it’s important to keep a few things in mind. These are some of the most important:
- the shade of the foundation
Foundations are available in different shades for different skin tones. Most brands offer 3 foundations for each skin type that come in natural, light, and dark shades. if you have a brunette or darker complexion, go for the warmer/deeper tones, while those with lighter skin tones go for natural, and for those with pale skin tones, light is suitable. If you choose the wrong shade that doesn’t complement your undertones, it will make your face look unnatural and layered.
- type of foundation according to your skin type
Based on your skin type, you should choose a foundation that will improve your skin’s texture rather than worsen its condition. There are different types of foundations with different ingredients and consistency that work for different skin types.
- for dry skin
Choose a foundation that contains moisturizing ingredients and has a rich, creamy texture. A foundation with natural ingredients that offers medium coverage and has a medium to fine consistency is suitable for dry skin.
- for oily skin
It is beneficial to choose a foundation that controls oil and prevents the skin from becoming greasy or sticky. powder-based baked foundations work well for oily skin. matte foundations are suitable for oily skin as they reduce oiliness and offer a natural look.
- for sensitive or combination skin
Choose foundation that has natural, non-irritating ingredients that can hydrate your skin and hide it without clogging pores.
Let us understand how to apply foundation on textured skin.
how to apply foundation on textured skin
If you have concerns about applying foundation to your textured skin, this hydrating and nourishing routine will prevent your skin from being damaged:
- clean your skin
The first step in applying foundation is to cleanse the skin. Use water and a mild cleanser to cleanse your skin and remove all dirt, impurities, and oil from the skin’s surface. this will prevent pore clogging and reduce oiliness.
- hydrate your skin
If you apply foundation without moisturizing your skin, you may clog pores or your skin may feel caked and blotchy after applying foundation. so if you want your skin to feel smooth, hydrated, and radiant after applying foundation, moisturize with a non-greasy, soothing moisturizer.
- prepare your skin
It is always recommended to prepare the skin before applying a foundation. A primer smoothes the skin’s surface, evens skin tone, and minimizes the appearance of pores, wrinkles, and lines. It will also keep your makeup from smudging and help your foundation sit on your skin for hours. therefore, use a quality foundation before applying foundation to your skin.
- apply your foundation
To apply foundation correctly, choose the right brush or wet applicator. pour a few drops of foundation on your cheeks, chin and forehead and start rubbing the sponge on your face. Blend foundation toward hairline, jawline, and other areas evenly. keep blending and tapping until you blend the foundation perfectly with your skin and create an even-toned look.
why trust stylecraze?
chaitra krishnan, the author of this article, is a makeup enthusiast whose passion lies in reviewing and experimenting with new products. For this article, she has chosen the best foundations for textured skin that are affordable and skin-friendly. In addition, they blur imperfections and hide wrinkles and pores to give you a radiant and flawless finish. Her recommendations are based on well-researched reviews and feedback from reputable users collected from various sources.
frequently asked questions
Will makeup further damage my textured skin?
textured skin is prone to damage and therefore it is important to use the right foundations to cover textured skin. It is recommended to use foundations that are free of parabens, silicones, phthalates, alcohol and toxins, and choose those loaded with organic ingredients and SPF to protect the skin from further damage.
Does makeup damage textured skin?
no, makeup does not harm textured skin. instead, many makeup products hide textured areas of skin and make your face look smoother. Using makeup products the right way can help hide sun damage, bumpy skin, and hyperpigmentation.
Are drugstore foundations good for textured skin?
Yes, drugstore foundations are good for textured skin. choose foundations that contain retinol and salicylic acid. These ingredients help reduce the appearance of textured skin.
how do you get rid of textured skin?
You can get rid of textured skin if you exfoliate two or three times a week. use skin care products fortified with vitamin c and apply sunscreen every day. Also, don’t forget to stay hydrated.
Can I improve my uneven skin tone with a textured foundation?
Yes, you can improve the appearance of uneven skin tone with a textured skin foundation. choose a foundation with a buildable formula and apply with a beauty blender for a flawless, smooth look.
Is dewy foundation good for textured skin?
yes. if your textured skin is flaky, dewy foundations can help smooth the surface. however, you can also use matte coverage foundations that blend well and offer a natural finish.
Is liquid or powder foundation better for textured skin?
A liquid foundation is best for textured skin as its moisturizing formula can keep flaking at bay. liquid foundations provide a smoother finish, while powder foundations often enhance skin texture.
- the 15 best drugstore foundations for each skin type
- the 11 best mac makeup foundations for different skin types
- top 10 of the best foundations for combination skin
- top 10 of the best kryolan foundations for different skin types