Last updated on June 13, 2022 by Share My Kitchen
For a simple, flavorful filling for tacos, burritos, quesadillas, and more, try this slow-cooked barbecue chicken cooked with chipotle peppers
This barbecue recipe is assembled in just a few minutes. Smoked chipotle peppers make this slow cooker recipe unique!
Sometimes, there is not enough time in the day, no matter what you do. Remember such a week?
When plans to make a slow-cooked meat barbecue fell apart, finding an easy substitute was crucial. It also has to work with the ingredients and come together in minutes.
You can make a quick barbecue recipe using chicken with some frozen chicken breasts and a can of chipotle chili marinade. Use smoked chipotles and simple spices to add the same depth of flavor as dried chili peppers.
The result was a simple and delicious dish.
Essential ingredients for chicken Barbecue Barbecue
in Mexico is traditionally goat meat. You can use many of the same spices to give the chicken an authentic barbecue flavor
- Chicken breast: You can use any type of chicken, thigh, or breast. Just make sure it’s boneless and skinless.
- Tomato paste: This thickens the sauce for the chicken.
- Chipotle peppers in Adobo: For an authentic flavor, get the peppers in adobo. If you’re not familiar with chipotle, these are chipotle peppers smoked in an adobo-style sauce. They are spicy and smoky and are the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- Apple cider vinegar: Vinegar makes chicken tender and gives it some acidity and shine. You can replace it with white vinegar if you don’t have a stroke.
- Garlic cloves: I recommend using fresh ingredients whenever possible, but you can substitute a tablespoon of garlic powder for fresh garlic cloves if you’re in trouble.
- Onion: You can use any variety of onion, and they will taste fantastic in this recipe.
- Spices: You only need cumin, oregano, a bay leaf, salt and pepper.
- Chicken broth: Use low-sodium chicken broth or chicken broth. You can substitute meat broth for chicken broth for a meatier taste, similar to traditional barbecue.
Ingredients you need
- pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast
- teaspoon oregano
- chipotle peppers canned in adobo sauce, chopped (or to taste)
- tablespoon apple cider vinegar 2 tablespoons
- tomato paste
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- onion, quartered
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- bay leaf 1
- /3 cup low-sodium
chicken broth Salt and pepper
the chicken with
- salt, pepper and put it in the slow cooker with the onion, garlic clove and bay leaf
- Mix the chipotles in marinade, tomato paste, apple cider vinegar, cumin, oregano and chicken broth. Then, add the mixture in the slow cooker and stir well.
- Simmer for 4 hours. Once the chicken is cooked, take out the bay leaf and onions. Then, use two forks to put the chicken in the slow cooker for 10-15 minutes. He will let the chicken soak in the sauce.
- Finally, serve them as tacos, burrito bowls, quesadillas and more.
chicken can be shredded and used in tacos or burritos. You can also stack it on top of mixed vegetables for a delicious taco salad.
As with other Mexican foods, you can serve it with your favorite side dishes like fried beans, Mexican street salad, or creamy Mexican coleslaw.
These tips will ensure that your BBQ chicken is always spicy and juicy!
- You should not overcook the chicken. It cooks after 3-4 hours of low heat. Chicken can become difficult to crush if left to cook longer.
- You can use a slow cooker liner for easy cleaning.
- An electric mixer makes crumbling chicken a breeze. Mixing it over low heat for a few seconds works like magic.
FAQs about Slow Cooker Chicken Barbacoa
Here are some of the questions readers frequently ask
What other types of meat can I use instead of chicken?
This recipe uses any type of meat. You can make it with pork loin or roast beef. The key is to use the spices that will make the meat delicious. Also, as long as the meat is easy to crush, you can go ahead.
What are barbecue tacos made of?
Barbacoas, a traditional Mexican recipe, are made with beef, goat, or sometimes lamb. It is usually seasoned with dried chilies, then cooked slowly until it is pleasant and tender.
Barbecue tacos are usually topped with onion, cilantro and sour cream.
Can you use this chicken as part of meal preparation?
Yes, BBQ chicken can be a great addition to your meal preparation plan. You can add it to food containers and leave it in the refrigerator for up to five days. Then you can use it in a salad or make tacos with it. Chicken tastes best the next day after the juices and spices have cooled in the refrigerator and soaked in it.
Is this a low-carb recipe?
Chicken is naturally low in carb, so this particular recipe can be used on a ketogenic diet. Serve on top of lettuce to make a Mexican salad, or with some cauliflower rice on the side to make it ketogenic.
Some people on a keto diet buy low-carb taco shells or make homemade cheese shells to eat tacos.