This slow cooker keto ranchero chicken recipe is juicy, spicy, and as easy as it gets. It takes 5 minutes of prep work, and the slow cooker does the rest!
the Slow Cooker
I’m a big fan of using my slow cooker. Especially during the middle of the week. A slow cooker is practically a code of tricks to get rich and tasty meals during the week. This slow-cooking keto ranchero chicken is the perfect example. It takes less than 5 minutes to start the recipe, and then the slow cooker does the rest. At the end of the day, you’ll have a perfect keto chicken dinner basically out of work.
The chicken in this recipe is so juicy and tender. You can not overcome the texture of meat that cooks slowly for 8 hours. There’s a hint of spice from pepperoncini peppers and there’s the creamy, decadent flavor of the ranch. I like to put this chicken in tacos and sandwiches, or on top of salads. But you can put it on almost anything!
Why You’ll Love This Juicy Chicken Ranchero This
is one of my favorite weekday foods. Here’s why I know you’ll love it.
- It’s that easy. The recipes are no easier than this. It only has 5 ingredients. And all you have to do is put those ingredients in your slow cooker and light it. What could be easier?
- versatile. There are endless amounts of food you could put this tasty ranch chicken on. It goes great in tacos, sandwiches, wraps, sliders and burritos, or in salads, rice and pasta. Whatever you’re doing, this keto chicken is sure to go with it.
- Save well. Because this chicken is made in the slow cooker, you can double or triple the recipe without adding any extra work, if your slow cooker is big enough. It saves great in the fridge or freezer, so I love making a large batch to have whenever you need an easy meal.
Here are all the ingredients you’ll need to make this juicy slow cook chicken. Be sure to scroll to the recipe card at the bottom of the page to see the exact amounts of each ingredient.
- Chicken breasts – Use skinless and boneless breasts for this recipe. They can be fresh or frozen.
- Butter – You’ll want to use unsalted butter
- Cream cheese – I use whole cream cheese when I make this dish.
- Hidden Valley Ranch Condiment Mix
How to Make Keto Slow Cooker Zesty Ranch Chicken
Here’s how to make this super simple and delicious chicken dish. As you are about to see, it’s so easy!
- Add the ingredients. Place all ingredients in the slow cooker.
- cook. Turn on your slow cooker at low heat and cook for 8 hours.
- blade. Shred the chicken and pepperoncini peppers, and serve.
<img src="https://i0.wp.com/thebestketorecipes.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/slow-cooker-ranch-chicken-4-2.jpg" alt="
Tips for success
Here are some tips and tricks to use when making this keto chicken.
- Check the seasonings. You may notice that this recipe has no salt. There should be enough salt in the cream cheese, ranch and pepperoncini peppers to season the chicken. However, the salt level may change depending on its ingredients. After crumbling the chicken, taste and add more salt if necessary.
- Crush with forks. The easiest way to crush slow cook chicken is by using 2 forks. Press the forks on the chicken with the back of the forks pressed against each other. Move the forks away from each other to crush the chicken.
- Adjust the spice level. I really love pepperoncini peppers in this recipe. They give the chicken a little kick. In addition, vinegar balances cream cheese and ranch. If you don’t like spices, you can get rid of peppers and the recipe will still work well. And if you’re a fan of heat, add more pepperoncinis!
What to serve with
You can serve this slow cooker chicken on anything, anything, or anything. I love using it as meat in a chicken salad or in a chicken bacon ranchera lettuce wrap. Zesty ranchero chicken works wonderfully on Mexican food, so I recommend using it in Quesadillas, or in a Keto Taco salad.
How to Store and Reheat Leftover
keto ranch chicken will last in the fridge for up to 5 days, so you can eat it throughout the week. Store it in an airtight container and reheat it in the microwave at 30-second intervals until hot.
Can this recipe be frozen? You can definitely
keto chicken recipe. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer and it will last up to 4 months. Defrost in the refrigerator overnight or thaw thoroughly before reheating.
Easier Keto Slow Cooker Meals
slow cookers make it much easier to have high-quality meals during the week. Here are some of my other favorite easy keto dinners in the slow cooker.
- Crockpot Sauce
- Keto Cabbage & Beef Soup
- Slow Cooker Ginger Garlic Pork Loin
- Crockpot Turkey Breast
Crockpot Buffalo Chicken