With just four ingredients, this JELL-O Chocolate Pie recipe couldn’t be easier. You’ll love this unbaked cake to host family and friends, or just enjoy a cup of coffee! Combine milk, JELL-O chocolate pudding, butter, and chocolate chips to get a double chocolate cake that’s smooth and creamy.
Gelatin Pudding Cake Recipe
The desserts that WOW, using only a few ingredients, are my favorite kind! Baking can be time-consuming and overwhelming at times, and I really love having some recipes that I can put together with minimal effort (all while making my guests think I enslaved all day)!
Besides, you won’t be angry if there are leftovers of this! Trust me. Let’s just say you’re getting your calcium intake for the day!
INGREDIENTS TO MAKE THIS
GELATIN PUDDING CAKE: 2 packets (3 1
- /2 ounces) chocolate pudding mix (NOT INSTANT)3 1⁄2 cups
- 2 tablespoons
- 1⁄3 cup
- baked pastry
- Optional: toppings: chocolate chips, chocolate shavings, chocolate sauce, Whipped
peel with chocolate chips *
HOW DO YOU MAKE CHOCOLATE CAKE WITH PUDDING?
- Combine the mixtures of gelatin-O, milk, butter and chips in a saucepan.
- Cook and beat lightly over medium heat, until the mixture comes to a full bubbly boil.
- Remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes, stirring twice.
- Pour into the peel and let the cake cool to room temperature. Then refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Decorate with toppings and enjoy!
* I used a pre-made OREO bark, you have many options here… Store-bought or homemade, traditional or crumb crust. If you bake it, just make sure the crust has cooled before adding the filling.
My mom always did this when I was growing up, but her recipe was more of a chocolate pudding cake with graham cookie crust and fresh whip. It was my favorite! The one I came up with here is a variation of the gelatin pudding recipe on the sides of the box. Whichever way you choose to do this, it’s decadent!
Whether you just want an easy dessert for your family or want to impress guests, you should try this recipe!
Useful tools to use when making this chocolate
- Silicone whisk: stir, whisk and scrape the sides at once.
- saucepan – good quality, heats evenly, sturdy
Frequently Asked Questions
How do you thicken instant pudding for cake? You can make instant pudding with heavy cream, rather than milk, if you’re looking for an extra thick consistency. In addition to a thicker consistency, you will also notice a richer flavor. If you only use heavy cream, the texture might even be too thick. Add a little milk, if necessary to dilute the pudding.
Can you freeze chocolate pudding? Pudding, like most foods, is safe to store in the freezer. By doing this, you can extend the storage life of the pudding by up to three months. And for some puddings, like gelatin, you can turn them into frozen pops. Always keep in mind that the texture of the pudding may change a bit in the freezer.
For another dessert you can make in no time, try this Crockpot Apple Dump Cake!
Bookmark my dessert page for other easy and delicious recipes that come together in no time.