Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken Stew recipe comes with very little effort for the creamiest and most delicious stew recipe. Every bite is so delicious and the perfect meal when you’re craving comfort food.
Slow cooker Creamy Chicken Stew Recipe:
This delicious stew is loaded with so much flavor that you won’t be able to eat just one bowl. It is so creamy and delicious and your family will ask you for this again and again.
If you loved our Crock Pot chicken stew recipe, then you’ll love this creamy stew. Our Crock Pot green chili stew recipe is also a popular recipe because of green chilies. These recipes are full of easy ingredients and lots of flavor.
You may be wondering what makes this stew different. The ranch makes all the difference mixed with the broth and the sour cream makes it so creamy.
It’s like no other stew recipe and so amazing. Each bite is loaded with chicken, vegetables and the best broth.
Easy recipe for
creamy chicken stew recipe:
We love using our clay pot for soups, stews, and many different recipes. This creamy slow cooker chicken stew is one of our favorites. It is full of flavor and is very easy to make.
All ingredients are cooked in the slow cooker, making this one-pot meal the perfect meal for the night of the week. This recipe can be changed to what you have on hand. Use different vegetables, change the chicken or add different seasonings.
- Red potatoes
- Green beans
- Celery Chicken soup
- Dressing Mix
- and pepper Italian
- Sour cream
cream Dry ranch
How to make creamy chicken stew in clay pot
- Step 1 – Place the chicken in the clay pot. Season chicken with salt, pepper and Italian seasoning.
- 2 – Add the onion, potatoes, carrots, green beans and celery to
- 3 – In a bowl, whisk the dry mixture of ranch dressing, chicken broth, milk and sour cream
- Step 4 – Pour this mixture into the clay pot on top of the chicken and vegetables.
the clay pot. Step
- 5 – Cover and simmer for 6-8 hours until chicken and potatoes are tender. Step 6
- – Serve hot and enjoy.
What to serve with creamy chicken stew:
- Homemade muffins – This meal is amazing with crusty bread so you can dip into that delicious broth. Pick up a loaf of French bread from the bakery or make these easy homemade rolls.
- – We’ve even made this homemade cornbread easy and served the soup with that. You can also try the jalapeno cheddar cornbread recipe for a little more kicking.
- Cookie and cheese – When we serve soup, crackers and cheese always pair well with this soup.
- – Pair your soup with a grilled sandwich. I like to serve this soup with a sandwich when I’m eating it for lunch.
Tips for Creamy Chicken Stew:
- Broth – Low Sodium Chicken broth is what we use when making this soup. We liked that it reduced the salty taste, but you can definitely use what you have.
- – We recommend using whole sour cream when making this recipe. It tasted better and the creamy texture is better.
- Chicken – Because we like this stew to be thick, we cut our chicken into cubes before adding it to the clay pot. We try to keep it about the same size as carrots and potatoes.
- Frozen chicken – If you’ve been following for a while, you know I usually put my chicken frozen. In this case, I use thawed chicken. Since we like this creamy stew, we like to place thawed chicken in this slow cooker.
- – This recipe can also be made in your Instant Pot. Using the instant pot has been a game-changer for my family.
- Cooking soup – We recommend cooking this stew over low heat. We like that cooking is slow so that everything cooks evenly.
- Vegetables – We use carrots, green beans and potatoes in this recipe. But feel free to add different.
- Carrots – We like to use baby carrots as they don’t have to be peeled. But I like to cut them in half before adding. You can use fresh carrots if you prefer. Just make sure you cut about the same size so they cook evenly.
- Potatoes – We use red potatoes in this recipe. Golden potatoes or reddish potatoes are also good choices.
How to cook on the stove:
If you prefer to cook on the stove, it’s just as easy to make
Chop and prepare your chicken and vegetables according to the
- chicken and vegetables in the large Dutch oven on your stove
- Mix the broth and other seasoning together and add to the pot
- Cook the ingredients over high heat together. Heat until the vegetables are tender and your chicken is ready.
. Place the
How to store leftovers:
Place leftovers in an airtight container. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 to 4 days. This soup is delicious leftovers, as the ingredients are actually marinated together overnight.
We recommend reheating on the stove. Add some water or broth, as the broth may be a little thicker after being in the refrigerator.
You can also microwave your leftovers in a microwave-safe dish. Heat at 30-second intervals until warmed up.
Print this clay pot creamy chicken stew recipe
below: More Easy Clay Pot Chicken
: Chicken Recipe
- and Easy Clay
- Sauce Clay Pot Chicken Quesadillas Recipe Alfredo Crock pot Chicken