Get dinner on the table quickly with this simple and easy recipe from Instant Pot BBQ Chicken Drumsticks. With only 5 ingredients needed, your family can enjoy tasty drumsticks in minutes in the pressure cooker.
Instant chicken thighs recipe
Do you love thighs but need a faster way to make them? This Instant Pot BBQ chicken thighs recipe will change dinner time in your home. Choose your favorite BBQ sauce and you’ll be amazed at how tender and juicy they are.
You can easily make these tender and tasty drumsticks with very little effort. Everything goes into the pressure cooker for an amazing meal in minutes.
From family dinner to Game Day to parties, this instant pot recipe is so simple and perfect for any occasion. Everyone will go crazy for this delicious recipe.
Instant Pot Chicken Legs Variation Ideas:
This recipe can be easily changed to what your family likes.
- Llano – Occasionally I will only make simple drumsticks. One of my kids doesn’t mind BBQ sauce, so he’s extremely happy when I make something without sauce.
- Buffalo sauce: You can add buffalo sauce instead of BBQ sauce. We love buffalo sauce in my house, so occasionally I will do barbecue and buffalo thighs.
- Air Fryer Chicken – You can also put chicken thighs in your air fryer. They come out just as crispy.
Instant Pot is a game changer
We rarely have time to stand on the stove and fry something around here, but everyone loves chicken thighs. The instant pot is the solution! You can easily make the best chicken legs on instant thighs. The pressure cooker does all the work.
Once they have finished cooking, simply put them in the oven for a few minutes to roast them. This will give you that amazing crunchy exterior that everyone loves with none of the frying work!
They all devoured them and now this is the only way I do them. This recipe is so easy and delicious.
love these chicken thighs:
- Easy idea for dinner: These thighs are easy to make and you can dine at the table in less than 30 minutes
- Everything is cooked in the Instant Pot – We love that you had all the ingredients for the Instant Pot to make it easy to clean.
- Approved by children – The whole family loves it when I make these BBQ chicken thighs. Even my picky eaters.
Ingredients for barbecue thighs: chicken thighs
- Garlic salt or garlic powder
to make pressure cooker Chicken legs:
- Mixed seasonings – In a small bowl, combine paprika, cumin and garlic salt.
- Rub on chicken – A Next, sprinkle the seasoning on your thighs. You want to rub it all over every piece of chicken.
- Add the water (or chicken broth) to the instant pot. You don’t want the drumsticks to touch the bottom, so use the grid that comes with the instant pot.
- Place the lid on top and adjust the pressure valve to start cooking the chicken.
- Pressure cook chicken: Set pressure cooking to 15 minutes to cook chicken thighs. Make a quick release to the natural pressure release. In just minutes, you will have the best chicken!
Put the chicken on a baking sheet
- : Once they’re done cooking, place it on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil
- Brush with BBQ sauce and roast in the oven for that nice crispy exterior. It will take about 1-5 minutes. Cooking time will vary.
- Remove from oven, flip drumsticks. Brush with the remaining BBQ sauce.
- Roast another 1-5 minutes until golden brown.
- Serve and enjoy – These drumsticks are perfect when served hot.
Can I use Different Chicken?
Yes, you can use other cuts of chicken. My kids when I make this recipe with chicken thighs, but another chicken also works great.
Try different cuts of chicken. Chicken breast, chicken wings or chicken thighs. We love chicken recipes.
How to make homemade BBQ sauce
: You can certainly use
store-bought BBQ sauce. But it’s very simple to learn how to make homemade BBQ sauce with very little effort! If you like a sweet barbecue sauce better, add some brown sugar to the slow-cooked chicken.
Chicken thigh recipes can be prepared so easily and without much work. We love this food and had fun trying different variations. We’ve even cut chicken breast or used regular chicken feet with this recipe. Chicken thighs are also delicious.
Instant chicken thigh tips:
- These thighs can be eaten flat and straight from the instant pot. We just like to roast them to get that crunchy texture.
- Let the chicken rest before mixing with BBQ sauce. This helps block juices.
- Make sure you use the trivet in your instant pot so your drumsticks don’t burn.
What to serve with chicken feet
BBQ chicken thighs can be served as an appetizer or as a main meal. When we have friends we usually serve as an appetizer.
- They are great to be served with a tray of raw vegetables.
- Another favorite accompaniment is homemade macaroni and cheese
- Creamy corn or steamed broccoli to complete your meal
- Potato salad is a family favorite
- Corn muffins or cornbread would pair very well
- If you eat the simple chicken thighs, Add your favorite sauce. We recommend ranch and honey mustard.
Chicken feet work great as a main meal or as an appetizer. If it serves as a main meal, add a vegetable and a potato. I feel better knowing that my family is getting a full meal.
Can frozen drumsticks be used?
Don’t worry if you forgot to take the chicken out of the freezer. I have done this several times. That’s why I love my instant pot so much. Rather, your food freezes or thaws, the instant pot does all the work.
If they are frozen, I would cover the drumsticks with the seasoning to make sure the seasoning doesn’t fall off. You’ll probably need to increase your time by 5 minutes to make sure they’re cooked well.
How to use
Make a soup – Shred the chicken and
- add it to a soup, make it so full of flavor. Sandwiches – Shred the chicken and use it to make
- barbecued chicken sandwiches. This would be perfect for a Saturday lunch or for work the next day.
- – BBQ Chicken quesadilla is a great way to use leftovers. Shred the chicken and place it between two tortillas and heat.
- Buffalo Wraps – We love making barbecued chicken wraps. Drizzle ranch dressing and add the shredded chicken and top with lettuce. It’s the perfect wrap.
Perfect chicken for game day:
No one wants to be stuck in the kitchen and this recipe will put dinner on the table quickly. You can spend more time with your family and less time in the kitchen.
We also love serving this for parties or game day. You can have delicious BBQ chicken legs with very little effort!
It’s so quick and easy for a great meal. With so few ingredients and almost no work, this is the perfect meal for any day of the week!
Print Instant Pot
BBQ Chicken Drumsticks recipe
More chicken thigh recipes:
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Legs Recipe
- Baked Chicken Legs Drumsticks