Frozen tender pork loin at Crock Pot is possible! This is the way to cook frozen pork perfectly in a slow cooker all day, then enjoy dinner with a rich sauce and potatoes.
Frozen Crock Pot
First we shared Instant Pot frozen pork loin because it turned out great. In case you don’t have that machine or prefer to set it up and forget your dinner at the beginning of the day, it was time for this method. If you’re like me, there are days when you’re just not together enough to plan the previous day’s meals.
In that case, you may need to check out our frozen meat cooking post that lists how to cook ALL THINGS, straight from the freezer. I figured out how to cook each piece so well this way that sometimes I don’t even bother to thaw. If done well, it is not necessary, you will be a believer after trying this one as well.
Let’s talk a little bit about slow cooking, okay? First of all, I have a few different varieties and I love them all. Each has an occasion to be used as…
- This is my programmable 6-quart favorite with a locking lid, so it’s also great to take
- If you just want to serve a few appetizers, you should get this one that sits next to each other
- I prefer not to use coatings, but simply to sprinkle olive oil inside before adding my food for easy cleanings.
to a meal.
Let me give you a look at my pretty thang I recently bought. It goes with my kitchen, so I can leave it on the countertop all the time. 😉
=”https://temeculablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/How-to-Cook-Frozen-Pork-Loin.jpg” alt=”How to cook frozen pork loin
The first thing to remember when buying meat in bulk, especially if you know you’ll probably freeze it, is not to go too big. As you can see, this one was a little too long, it still worked as it thawed over the hours, but a little smaller would have been ideal.
3-3.5 pounds is almost right for a normal-sized Crock. I have a room of 6 and 8 which is typical. If you’ve never slowly cooked frozen meat, you’ll be surprised to learn that the cooking time doesn’t really change much at all. As if you had to cook a roast of fresh meat versus a frozen roast in slow cooker, it takes about the same time.
You can easily add potatoes, as they take quite a while to get tender and are usually the favorite dish. With the drops of the meat around them, and a little seasoning, their mouths water. You can also add other firm vegetables such as large pieces of carrots and/or a diced onion.
Frozen pork loin
The taters will be so tender that you could puree potatoes with them when they are ready, we keep them whole. The time next will vary slightly depending on the size of your piece, of course. This was a 3.7-pound pork loin that reached the proper internal temperature after 6 hours. If you wanted to shred pork, you would add a little more time.
- 3-3.5 lb frozen pork loin is your cut of meat
- Baby potatoes and carrots in large pieces if you like
- Chicken broth
- some onion powder Salt
- and pepper
- 1 packet beef or pork Sauce mix
Garlic powder and
I almost never recommend that you use hours high, Low and slow is the key. Keep a meat thermometer handy on the end to make sure it reaches 145 at the thickest part. When it comes to pork, you can cook it longer, for sure, it will only start to break down more as time goes on (which may be whatever you want).
<img src="https://temeculablogs.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/11/Cooking-Frozen-Pork-Loin.jpg" alt="Cooking frozen pork loin
I have a printable card at the bottom with the whole roast
. This one is cut. We also love shredded pork, but you’d have to change things slightly to break it down like that. The best suggestion for it to fall apart like this is to cut it into 4 equal pieces after about 4 hours. Place in juices to make it easier to crush them later.
- Spray the inside of your slow cooker with some nonstick cooking spray, to make it easier to clean later
- Place baby potatoes at the bottom of the slow cooker in a single layer if possible
- Add your broth. Place the pork loin, with the fat side up, on top of the potatoes.
- onion powder, salt, pepper and paprika (or seasonings of your choice).
- Mix well and sprinkle on top of meat and potatoes
- Cover and heat for 6 hours over low heat making sure the internal temperature is at least 145 degrees when finished. The time will depend on the size and thickness of your piece.
- Just before serving, prepare the sauce as directed on the back of the package and heat.
- Pour over the top of your Crockpot pork and vegetable slices as desired and serve.
Mix your garlic powder,
This method will produce a very wet and tender bite. If you wanted to try another recipe for pork loin in air fryer that is totally different. Not badly, it just gets a crunchy texture on the outside. That’s pretty popular too, but it needs to be smaller. The loin is usually what I use for that method just because it fits better.
Slow Cooker Frozen pork loin
Ok, let’s say you did this and then your kids had dinner on their way home after practice, I feel your pain. You’re like me and hate wasting food, like it’s literally my worst annoyance. You can save it totally and use it to do something else the next night (and they’ll never know the difference). First, wait until it has cooled.
Then wrap it in aluminum foil or put it in a freezer bag in the fridge. The next day, take it out about 15 minutes before you want to use it and then cut into bite-sized pieces, which I do. Then I can add it to literally any kind of casserole to add protein. Our Instant Pot pork casserole is always a winner and can be made quickly.
You can use this meat instead inside our Crockpot chicken casserole recipe on night 2. It doesn’t take long, especially if your meat is already precooked like this. Cutting the potatoes into cubes, roasting in an air fryer and then throwing this away in the last 3 minutes or so is also killer. Super healthy way to use it safely.