Make a tender, juicy pork loin with garlic and rosemary for your next easy, healthy weekday dinner! Olive oil, garlic and herbs add a lot of flavor to the dish. With only 5 minutes of preparation, dinner is ready and the Crock Pot gets the job done!
Sometimes you just need a quick prep dinner idea that you don’t have to think about! This easy slow cooker pork loin recipe is a healthy and tasty meal that appeals to even the most demanding little eaters. Combine it with vegetables and your favorite starch for a simple weekday dinner.
What is the difference between pork loin and pork loin?
a smaller cut that usually weighs about 1 pound, is not cut from the same part of the animal as the larger pork loin. Since pork loin is naturally lean and tender, it works well when cooked quickly at high temperatures. In contrast, pork loin lends itself well to slower roasting or grilling techniques. For more details on these two different cuts of meat, check out this article.
Can pork loin be used for shredded pork?
The classic cut for shredded pork is a pork shoulder or “pork butt,” because this type of pork works best when cooked low and slow. It has a lot of fat to keep the meat moist while the hard fibers break down slowly in the cooking process.
If you’re looking for a leaner cut of meat for shredded pork, then a slow pot pork loin recipe might be your answer! It will taste and texture differently than pork shoulder (as it’s a different cut with less fat), but the loin becomes juicy and melts tender when cooked in the clay pot for 8 (or more) hours. You can crush it with two forks and mix it with your favorite barbecue sauce when it’s ready.
How to make slow cooker pork loin
Since pork loin is usually cooked at a higher temperature for a short period of time, there are a few keys to keep in mind when preparing it in a clay pot. But first, let’s start with the ingredients!
Here’s what you’ll need for a simple pork loin
in the slow cooker:
Salt and pepper
First, dry the pork with paper towels and then place it in the slow cooker
Then, in a small bowl, whisk the olive oil, garlic, salt, thyme, rosemary and pepper. Rub this mixture all over pork, cover and cook in LOW for 3-6 hours or in HIGH for 1.5 – 3 hours.
Remove the pork to a cutting board, let stand for about 10 minutes, and then cut and serve!
What should I serve with pork loin?
This pork with garlic and herbs goes well with almost any of your favorite side dishes! Here are some easy options to get you started:
- Make yourself with garlic Mashed potatoes
- Secret ingredient Jiffy cornbread
- Rice, noodles or a crispy French baguette bar
- 5-ingredient baked apples Southern Sugar kale
- Toasted acorn pumpkin
- simple green salad seasoned with Italian balsamic vinaigrette
- Slow cooker Beans
Southern Greens Cook’s tips and recipe variations for the perfect slow cooker pork
- To bake this pork loin in the oven: Prepare the pork according to the instructions, place it on a baking sheet that has been sprayed with kitchen spray. Bake in an oven at 425 degrees F for 20-30 minutes, or until the pork reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F. Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting and serving.
- If you prefer your freshly cooked pork loin, but still firm and cut, I recommend a very short time in the clay pot. Meat cooks when it reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, which may require only about 1 to 1.5 hours at HIGH or 2 – 3 hours at LOW. Alternatively, you can slowly cook the tenderloin in LOW for up to 8 hours (or more), the texture will be very different. When cooked for a longer period of time, the meat breaks down more, melts tenderly, and can be easily crushed with two forks. Either option tastes great, so choose your preference!
- Fresh or dried herbs work well here. If you have other favorite herbs available, such as parsley or oregano, add them to the mix as well.
- If you don’t want the larger pieces of fresh garlic in your pork, you can substitute about 3/4 of a teaspoon of dried garlic powder.
- Be sure to use pork loin, not pork loin (they are two different cuts of meat).
- If you use a round slow cooker, you can cut the loins into half (or pieces) to help them fit into the pot. In an oval slow cooker, they can lie next to each other.
- This pork loin recipe calls for 2 loins; however, you can easily cut the ingredients in half to serve a smaller family.
- This healthy pork loin recipe is low carb, sugar-free, and high in protein, at just 245 calories per serving.
Easiest pork loin recipes you can enjoy:
Pork tenderloin Marinada Honey Garlic Dijon Pork loin
- mustard and brown sugar Baked
- Brown sugar Pork loin
- Honey Dijon Roast
pork loin Garlic