Loaded baked potatoes are the best comfort food.
The crispy skins are stuffed with fully loaded mashed potatoes, 2 types of cheese, bacon and seasonings for the perfect creamy bite.
Prepare these potatoes in large batches and freeze them, they bake perfectly from the frozen!
of loaded baked potatoes” />Ingredients for
Choose a high-starchy potato such as large reddish potatoes (or baking potatoes). They have a thick skin that resists cooking and filling well. Starchy meat makes perfect mashed potatoes.
If you use other types of potatoes, leave some thicker peel so they keep their shape while filling.
Filling – The flesh of potatoes is mixed with sour cream and butter for a creamy texture. Then it’s fully loaded with cheese, shredded bacon, green onion and some garlic. So much kindness!
Variations Change the
- sour cream for Greek yogurt or try the sweet
- Roast a head of garlic along with the potatoes and add a little to the filling. Very good!
- Try adding chopped leftover broccoli or your favorite baked potato ingredients to the mix.
- Change the grated cheese for what’s in your refrigerator (or add cheese sauce if desired).
- Chili, beans or salsa would also taste great.
potatoes for a delicious twist.
Pieces of broccoli
Even cheese sauce
Chili, beans or salsa would also taste great
make loaded baked potatoes” />How to Make Loaded Baked Potatoes
While it takes a little time, loaded potatoes are easy to make.
- Rub the potatoes with a little olive oil and kosher salt. Bake the potatoes until tender.
- Cool slightly and then cut each potato in half lengthwise according to the recipe below.
- Remove the meat from the potato and crush with the remaining ingredients until smooth and creamy. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Pour (or pipe with a piping bag) the mashed potato mixture into the skins. Sprinkle with cheese and bake.
Sprinkle with finely chopped chives or parsley and you’re done! Potato perfection!
Holly’s Tips for Perfect Potatoes
- Rub potatoes under water and dry before preparation. Generous oil for the best crispy skin.
- Potatoes can be baked in an oven, air fryer or microwave. Touch them with a fork so that the steam can escape and do not explode in the oven creating a mess!
- It is not necessary to wrap them in aluminum foil, but to space them evenly in a baking dish.
- If you want to add an extra potato or two when baking. This is great in case any of the skins are bread and also allows for extra filling if you want them to be stuffed.
- If you don’t have whole potatoes, use leftover mashed potatoes and add all bindings. Bake in a casserole to get a baked potato casserole.
Make in advance and bake frozen
Prepare as below and freeze on a sheet tray. Once frozen, transfer the potatoes to a freezer bag.
Potatoes can be baked frozen! Cook at 350°F for 35-40 minutes or until warmed up.
Did you make these baked potatoes loaded? Be sure to leave a rating and a comment below!
src=”https://www.spendwithpennies.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/10/SP-Loaded-Baked-Potatoes-2-SpendWithPennies-2.jpg” alt=”Baked potatoes loaded with cheese and writing” />