1. pumice stone
A pumice stone is a natural lava stone that can help remove dead skin and calluses from your feet.
Reading: How to make feet soft
- soak the pumice stone in warm water. You can also soak your feet in warm water for 10 minutes to soften them.
- Gently move the stone in circular or sideways motions around the foot to remove dead skin. focus on removing the top layer of skin and not the entire area of dead skin, which will help promote healthy cell turnover.
- apply lotion or oil afterward to help soften feet.
never use a pumice stone on injured or sore areas.
2. paraffin wax
many nail salons offer paraffin wax as an adjunct to a pedicure treatment.
Paraffin wax is a soft wax that melts at an average temperature of about 125°F (51°C). the wax should not be hot enough to burn or irritate the skin.
You can also make a paraffin wax treatment at home using a home paraffin wax bath, or you can melt the wax in a saucepan and then transfer it to a container to dip your feet in.
During a paraffin wax treatment, you will dip your feet into the wax several times. after applying several layers of wax, wrap your feet in plastic.
after the wax hardens, you can remove it. all the dead skin on your feet will be removed along with the wax. your feet should feel soft afterwards.
do not use paraffin wax if:
- have poor blood circulation
- have a rash or open sore on your feet
- have lost feeling in your feet, such as from diabetic neuropathy
If you use paraffin wax at home, be very careful and check the temperature of the wax with a candy thermometer.
3. foot scrub
Most pharmacies and drugstores sell different foot scrubs without a prescription. look for one with granules that help remove dead skin.
or you can even make your own by diluting two tablespoons of sea salt in equal amounts of baby oil and lemon juice.
To use a foot scrub, apply the scrub directly to the foot and rub gently with the palm of your hand. or use with a foot scrub brush or sponge to remove dead skin.
rinse the scrub thoroughly with warm water after use.
4. oatmeal scrub
You can use oatmeal to make a homemade scrub to remove dead skin.
To make the scrub, mix equal parts oatmeal with rose water or milk to make a paste. use:
- apply the scrub to your feet and leave for 20-30 minutes.
- use a foot brush to scrub your feet.
- rinse with cool water and let your feet dry.
- apply a foot cream.
Perform this treatment every other day for best results.
5. epsom salt soak or scrub
epsom salt is a crystalline form of magnesium sulfate. magnesium sulfate is a mineral compound.
you can soak your feet in epsom salt dissolved in water. can help exfoliate and soften dry, cracked feet. this, in turn, can help remove dead skin.
Reading: How to make feet soft
- create an epsom salt bath by pouring 1/2 cup of salt into a footbath or a full cup into a bathtub of warm water.
- relax and soak for up to 20 minutes .
- You can use a pumice stone or foot brush afterwards to help remove dry skin.
To create an epsom salt scrub for your feet, in the shower or bath, mix a handful of epsom salt with a tablespoon of olive or bath oil in your hand or on a bath sponge.
gently rub into damp skin to exfoliate, soften and remove dead skin before rinsing with water.
6. vinegar soak
Vinegar baths can help soften your feet and allow you to remove dead, dry, or cracked skin.
You can use almost any kind of vinegar. apple cider vinegar or white vinegar are popular options and you may already have them in your kitchen.
Use cold water to create the soak, as hot water can dry out skin more. use 1 part vinegar to 2 parts water as a general guideline. soak your feet for 5 to 10 minutes to start.
If desired, follow the soak using a pumice stone to remove dry or loose skin following the guidelines above. Apply moisturizer, Vaseline, or coconut oil before putting on socks to seal in moisture after soaking in vinegar.
Only do this treatment a few times a week, as it can further dry out your skin.
7. baby foot shell
baby foot peeling is a popular 1-hour home treatment to remove dead skin and soften feet.
To use it, you will need to apply the provided plastic “booties” to your feet for up to one hour. they contain a gel solution of fruit acid and other moisturizers that can help dead skin “sweep” off your feet.
follow all package directions for use:
- after getting your feet wet, you will secure the plastic “booties” to your feet with tape.
- leave the booties on for up to an hour.
- remove booties and wash your feet gently with soap and water.
You will need to get your feet wet every day for the next three to seven days to develop peeling.
While there have been no scientific studies to support the benefits or effectiveness of this treatment, it has a large online following of loyal users.