: The delicious roast lamb, enriched with lemon, rosemary and garlic, is the perfect answer for an easy midweek meal. Just add a few simple sides and dinner is ready.
Eazy Peazy Mealz by EazyPeazyMealz.com
Put it on your slow cookboard to SAVE
Follow Eazy Peazy Mealz on Pinterest for more tips, ideas, and recipes!
When The Princess was little, I listened to mothers of older children talk in ecstasy about their slow-cookers. They talked about the joy of throwing dinner into the slow cooker early in the morning and coming home with a hot dinner. They enthusiastically exchanged recipes and discussed ideas that worked and those that didn’t. I listened with disinterest… He had no need for such gadgets.
Then La Princesa grew, and now I’m the proud owner of not one, but three slow cookers in different sizes. There are days when I can’t even imagine putting dinner on the table at a reasonable time without using at least one of them, and now I actively participate in all the conversations related to slow cooker recipes. While I normally use the slow cooker for one-pot meals like curry, stews or soups; I love meals that require little more than a little rice or a loaf of bread to complete the meal. So, I was very interested to find out recently that at least three of my friends use their slow cookers to make slow cooker roast lamb.
When cooked slowly
, time is of essence
A good roast takes time to cook, and time is usually the enemy when it comes to putting dinner on the table during the week. For this reason, I usually only cook a roast for dinner on Sunday night. The thought of quickly throwing a seasoned leg of lamb into the slow cooker on a busy morning has turned this thought on its head.
I usually flavor oven-roasted lamb with lemon, rosemary and garlic, a combination that translates perfectly into the slow cooker. I also like to put small pieces of anchovies with garlic and rosemary. Since I know anchovies can be polarizing, I’ve left them out of this recipe. The anchovies melt in the lamb as it cooks, seasoning the meat, so if you love them, add them.
slow-cooked roast lamb has been cooked, shred the meat and serve it in the juices that come out of the lamb during the cooking process. Add some simple sides and dinner will be ready. I can’t think of anything easier.
My friends like to serve their shredded lamb with loads of pita bread, a tub of hummus and some easy salads. What an ideal meal for a warm summer evening! Reuse leftover slow-cooker roast lamb in other great meals in shepherd’s pie, or tucked into sandwiches or salads. Who said slow cookers didn’t make sense?
Slow cooking tips!
- fresh or thawed meat, not frozen
- best flavor to the food, generously add sliced onions, carrots and potatoes to the bottom of the pot with the meat on top of the vegetables
- Fill the kitchen to no more than two-thirds
- Each time you lift the lid, add 15 minutes to the cooking process. Leave the lid on and close tightly.
- Seal the meat before adding it to the pot. This will improve the taste!
- Add only fresh, unfrozen vegetables!
- To prevent the drops of sauce from turning oily, trim all excess fat from the meat.
- Give off alcohol! Wine and liquor are not easily reduced in a slow cooker. So instead of subtle nuances, you can end up with the harsh taste of “raw” alcohol.
- Whenever possible, sprinkle fresh herbs on top!
- Set your timer and temperature for what is most appropriate for the cut of meat you are cooking. Cook the fattest meats to low and slow.
. To add the
of its capacity.
Other great slow cook meals!
- BBQ Country Style Pork ribs
- Beef Stroganoff
- Spicy Jamaican Crock Pot Wings
- Honey Lime Chicken Tocos
- 30+ Slow Cooker Recipes