This leftover slow cooker of turkey soup and mashed potatoes uses 2 favorite Thanksgiving leftovers. Combing turkey and mashed potatoes makes for a simple, creamy and comforting soup. Instructions for making this turkey soup are also included in the Instant Pot.
Ingredients for turkey puree Leftover potato
- Leftover potato puree
- Celery, onion, garlic
- peas and frozen car https://i0.wp.com/fitslowcookerqueen.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/Turkey-Mashed-Potato-Soup-7.jpg<rots Celery broth
crockpot Turkey and mashed potato soup on a black table” />
How to Make Leftover Turkey Mashed Soup
Slow cooker Add all ingredients EXCEPT
- frozen peas and carrots to the slow cooker. Stir to mix well.
- Cook HIGH 2-3 hours or LOW 4-6.
- Add the frozen peas and carrots. Cover and cook until warm, about 5-10 minutes.
- Turn on the pressure cooker and select stir-fry. Once hot, add the added oil to the pot. Add the onion and celery and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until the vegetables begin to soften.
- Add the broth and deglaze the bottom of the pressure cooker by scraping all the pieces with a wooden spoon.
- turkey, leftover mashed potatoes, salt, garlic powder, thyme, and pepper. Stir to mix well.
- Select manual setting, high pressure for 20 minutes. When the cooking time is over, quickly release the pressure.
- Open the lid and add the peas and frozen carrots Cook HOT until very hot, about 5-10 minutes.
Thanksgiving means leftover turkey and mashed potatoes. I don’t know about you, but I enjoy the leftovers of Thanksgiving as much as the original food. Like many people, for day 2 I’m looking for something different from the basic dish. Fortunately, Thanksgiving also means soup season. Why not grab leftover Thanksgiving turkey and mashed potatoes and make an easy slow-cooking soup? You’ll need about a pound of leftover turkey meat for this recipe.
Leftover mashed potatoes
Thanksgiving, Christmas, Easter… Mashed potatoes are served at every Christmas dinner in my house. I always earn more than enough, so I have leftovers. I love the leftover mashed potatoes almost as much as I love the leftover turkey. This leftover soup recipe uses 2 cups of leftover mashed potatoes. As the soup cooks, the potatoes will cook until they get a broth-like consistency. Keep in mind that the taste of the leftover mashed potatoes you use will affect the taste of the soup. My mashed potatoes were extra buttery and I was able to try it. This was a good thing, of course.
Storage and freezing of turkey soup scraps
and mashed potatoes
If you have leftover turkey soup and mashed potatoes, you can store or freeze it for later use. Store leftover soup in an airtight container in the refrigerator for 3-4 days. To freeze leftover turkey soup, let the soup cool completely. Once cooled, add the soup to an airtight container or freezer-safe plastic bag. Store the soup in your freezer for up to 2 months. To reheat frozen turkey and mashed potato soup you have two options. You can thaw the soup overnight in the refrigerator OR add the soup directly to the slow cooker or Instant Pot and thaw on the warm setting!
Tips for this turkey soup
- Keep in mind that the turkey and mashed potatoes are already seasoned. I don’t know what you used for those, so you may need to adjust the salt content.
- slow cookers and instant cookers have a warm atmosphere. If you’re not going to eat your turkey soup and mashed potatoes right away, use it! The warm setting will keep the soup warm until it is ready to serve. Keep in mind that all appliances are different. If your slow cooker or Instant Pot gets hot on the hotter side, you may need to turn it off completely.
- The soup will thicken as it cools.
- I used a 3.5 quart slow cooker for this recipe, but it can be easily duplicated and cooked in a 5 or 6 quarts.
turkey recipes Leftover turkey soup
Leftover turkey corn soup Cajun soup
This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you click on one of the product links, you could receive compensation. For more information on my disclosure policy, please see here: https://fitslowcookerqueen.com/about/disclosure-policy.