has become one of our favorite Taco Tuesday foods and I’m sure you’ll love this recipe too! The clay pot Mexican shredded beef tacos are loaded with flavor and are incredibly easy to make!
You’re going to love these easy tacos of Mexican shredded meat from clay pot. Be sure to try any of our top 53 Mexican clay pot recipes.
Now, even if you can eat gluten, I promise you’ll still love this easy crockpot recipe. It takes 5 minutes to throw into the slow cooker and let it cook slowly all day. You come home to a house full of the most incredible smell. Add some ingredients, serve it on your favorite tortillas, and dinner is ready!
What to do with shredded meat?
There is so much freedom with this Mexican recipe for shredded beef tacos! You don’t actually have to turn them into tacos all the time. That’s the best part!
You can serve this gluten-free Mexican shredded beef taco recipe like burritos. Or, you can serve it in nachos, make meat enchiladas, or make quesadillas out of them.
You could even use the shredded meat on top of a plate of salad vegetables! The possibilities are endless!
In fact, we like to cook this once, but twice the ingredients in the recipe. We eat shredded beef tacos for dinner that night and then save the leftovers and use them for quesadillas or enchiladas for an easy dinner later in the week.
I love it when I can cook once but eat twice!
What to serve with tacos of
Mexican shredded meat from clay pot?
Figuring out the side dishes of a meal always seems to be the hard part of dinner. I always tend to think about it too much
! With tacos,
however, it’s very easy! We love serving these Mexican shredded beef tacos with homemade refried beans, Spanish rice and, Of course, white cheese sauce!
We tend to load ours with diced tomatoes and sometimes lettuce, so I usually don’t serve an extra vegetable, although a salad would be delicious too!
<img src="https://www.eatingonadime.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/04/crock-pot-mexican-shredded-beef-1.jpg" alt="crock pot mexican
shredded beef ingredients” />
Ingredients for Mexican shredded beef tacos:
- Roast meat chuck
- Cued green peppers Chopped garlic
- Black pepper
- Tortillas and toppings
How to make gluten-free Mexican shredded beef taco
- Place the roast in the simple cooker (I used a 6-quart programmable slow cooker). If you want to seal your roast, you can do so first by placing the roast in a skillet over medium-high heat. Rotate the roast to seal each side. This will not affect the cooking time, just add an additional flavor.
- In a small bowl combine the green chilies, garlic, chili powder, cumin, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- Spread the mixture over the roast in the cooking pot.
- Cover and simmer for 8 hours or stop for 4 hours.
- Shred the meat. Squeeze the fresh lemon juice over the meat and stir to combine.
- Serve in tortillas, in nachos or with a side of the easiest Spanish rice recipe.
- Be sure to top with your favorite ingredients like limes, tomatoes, salsa verde, onions, and cheese.
Print out the shredded beef taco recipe below: Can I make
shredded beef tacos
in the instant pot?
If you’re looking to prepare dinner even faster, you can use this same recipe to
make Mexican shredded beef tacos in the instant pot
. The only difference is that you need to add 1 cup of meat broth. Cook at high pressure for 70 minutes and let the pressure release naturally for 15 minutes, then release manually.
Try these other easy taco recipes:
- Beef Tacos
- The Best Crockpot Crock Pot Chicken Tacos Recipe
- Crockpot Mexican Taco
- Casserole Chicken Enchilada Casserole
- Chipotle Fillet 5 minutes Baja Shrimp
- Carne Asada Street
- Chicken Ground
- Tacos Healthy Chicken Taco Pressure Cooker Recipe
- Quick and Easy Walking Tacos