Pressure cooker pumpkin puree is very easy to make in your Instant Pot, Crockpot Express or Ninja Foodi! Use it to make pumpkin butter, in-house recipes, and more. Homemade and perfect every time.
Ninja Foodi Pumpkin
makes this fall vegetable so tender and perfect for canning or making delicious pumpkin butter too! You can do this on a Ninja Foodi, Crockpot Express or any other brand.
I mean there are SO many options once this is done. However, I would have to say that our pumpkin zucchini muffins top the list.
Essentially this is what you’re doing. With the water at the bottom, the vegetable in the basket under high pressure will heat the liquid to create very hot steam that will soften the meat so you can mix it to crush it as you wish.
I got this pumpkin from a relative in his garden. When researching what it was, it was discovered that it was a longcake pumpkin. Cocido tastes just like traditional circular orange versions.
knew you could pop an entire pumpkin in your Instant Pot, but it was a bit long, so I cut into large pieces. It worked great!
Another difference if you cut the pumpkin versus glue it all is that you can remove the seeds beforehand. Don’t throw them away!! Once you remove the seeds, put them in a strainer and remove the dirt.
Then make roasted pumpkin seeds
- or pumpkin seeds from the air fryer
- This is one of our favorite fall snacks, and pretty healthy too!
for a healthy snack.
guess it depends on what you’re doing, I was on a mission to make homemade pumpkin butter, so I preferred the seeds and “dirt” to disappear beforehand. Homemade
recipe for mashed
- Pumpkin Pumpkin: If left whole, make sure it fits in your Instant Pot with enough space for the lid to close. Or cut into larger pieces
- Trivet – I like this one with handles or vegetable steam basket
- Cup of water
Mason jars to store in the fridge, or freezer bags the size of a pint if you do it in bulk and freeze it
How to cook pumpkin in the instant pot
The oven version has always worked well, but I’m very easy. Making this Instant Pot pumpkin really is very easy. With a super short pressure cooking time, you may never buy canned money again.
- The good thing about this Instant Pot pumpkin recipe is that you can leave it simple or add whatever spices you want
- LOVE nutmeg, add a little more than others could
- Prefer a sweeter sugar pumpkin puree, then add some brown sugar to your mix when you put it in the blender or food processor.
Now, once you are done with the cook in the high-pressure stage, do not make a quick release. Rather, allow a natural pressure release for 5 minutes first, then pull out the inside.
Pour this pulp into your blender with just a pinch of liquid. Once it’s as soft as you want, you’ll have your own pressure cooker pumpkin puree to use as you wish.
Since we were making it a little sweet, we added some treats like sugar, nutmeg and more. We’ll share what we did with you below. It was so delicious!!
Can you cook large pumpkins?
Not really. I mean it has to fit inside your pressure cooker. Yes, you can cut it in half or even quarters if you want, but there is still limited capacity.
It might be easier to use a large pot on your stove with a trivet at the bottom for a fairly large one. I would choose a small/medium one for this method.
How is pumpkin powder made?
That’s not what we’re sharing here, but we’ve done sharing how to dehydrate apples and you would use the same machine. If you prefer to make a powder (for whatever reason) there are instructions here.
- Instructions on how to make pumpkin are here. A great option if you’re making a large batch and want you to use it for multiple recipes. It’s really no different than if you made Instant Pot jam and wanted to keep it for years.
- Or use it immediately like we did when we made our pumpkin butter. You can use the same process for pumpkin and make soup this way too!
Either way, it’s much easier than you think to cook a fresh pumpkin!
We hope it helped you understand how to cook pumpkin quickly!
How long does pumpkin puree last in the freezer?
It can last up to a year if stored properly! That means you can make “all things pumpkin” all year round with this! Make a large batch and then store it in airtight containers or freezer bags the size of a pint. Be sure to remove the air, zip them and place them flat.
like to freeze as much as I would normally use in single use. That’s about the size of a can of pumpkin you’d buy at the store.
- Take one out at a time and let it thaw on the countertop, then bake with it!
Pumpkin Instant Pot
Here’s what you can do with it once it’s ready and ready to use:
Pumpkin chocolate bread is
- Our pumpkin monkey bread is to die for!
- with cake mix
- Instant Pot baby food is fun, or this crunchy pumpkin pie or pumpkin pie is always a hit.
Try pumpkin coffee cream with some pumpkin cookies
Can you make this pumpkin or air fryer if you also have a Ninja Foodi? Follow the same instructions below if you have that pot. We’ve even made pumpkin angel food cake, which is simply amazing, and more October Instant Pot recipes here.