My husband hasn’t been able to eat beef for almost 2 years without having a gout outbreak. However, after taking steps to improve our health, he has been able to eat meat lately. I’ve missed preparing beef, and although you can eat it now, it’s still a meat we plan to eat in moderation.
At the store today, I took a meat flank steak and decided to fill it with the random ingredients I had on hand. Stuffing the flank steak is a great way to add some flavor to the meat and present it elegantly as well. I served this with a baby beauty mushroom and brown rice pilaf with roasted garlic and fresh spinach salad.
Stuffed flank steak recipe rolled with roasted red pepper, basil and
flank steak ingredients 1 1
- /2 pounds flank steak, butterfly
- cup roasted red
- 6-8 slices fresh basil leaves 4 slices
- provolone cheese
- (garlic) salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon oil
pepper slices, drained
Olive Recipe Instructions
for rolled stuffed flank steak
- Place your flat steak on a cutting board and soften the steak with a fork or softener
- This allows the cut to be an easier bed to chew, as the flank steak can be hard. Season one side with garlic salt (or simple salt) and freshly ground pepper.
- On top of your steak, place a layer of roasted pepper slices, followed by fresh basil leaves and provolone cheese slices.
- Carefully take one end and start rolling the steak like a carpet. Try to get the roll as even as possible so that the filling is not too condensed in the middle. Take some kitchen rope and tie the roll to keep the filling and shape intact.
- Cut the roll into thick portions of 1 1/2 inch so it doesn’t take so long to cook…
On your Instant Pot:
- Connect the IP with the insert and rivet in place. Add 1 cup of beef broth.
- Brush each slice of meat roll with olive oil and season with more garlic salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Transfer the meat roll slices to the trivet.
- Secure the IP cap and make sure the valve is set to SEALED.
- Press MANUAL and set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- The display will reflect off ON as the IP presses. Wait a few minutes for your IP to be pressed.
- Once under pressure, the screen will reflect 5 (the number of minutes you initially set) and start the countdown to 0 minutes.
- beeps after pressure cooking for 5 minutes, allow your IP to release the pressure naturally completely. While releasing pressure naturally (also known as NPR or NR), the display will reflect the numbers counting from 1. The numbers indicate how many minutes the IP has stopped cooking since it beeped (or how many minutes it has been releasing pressure naturally). There is no need to touch your IP while releasing pressure naturally. The pin at the top of your IP will drop when all the pressure has been released and it is safe to open.
- Open your IP when the pin has dropped (wait a few minutes for this to happen).
- Carefully transfer the meat rolls to the serving dish and let them sit for 5-10 minutes before serving. If you want to get some color in your meat, put it on the spit for 2 minutes or until you get the color you want.
When the IP