This recipe for rice with cilantro and lime in rice cooker will easily become one of your favorites. It is aromatic, fluffy, delicious and the perfect accompaniment to a wide variety of dishes.
Why you should
make this recipe
Although you can make this recipe on the stove, making this in a rice cooker will be easier and faster. You just set it up and forget it until you’re ready to eat.
It is a versatile garnish that you can prepare super easily and will only take a few ingredients
The Mexican cilantro rice is super tasty and will be ready in about 20 minutes. It is ideal for preparing meals because it reheats perfectly.
So you can make a great batch and enjoy many different dishes throughout the week. Including burritos, tacos, fajitas, bowls, meat or vegetable stews, and many other dishes.
Since this recipe is made in a rice cooker, the result will be an aromatic and fluffy rice with a lovely taste. It will go well with anything, especially spicy dishes, such as camarones a la diabla (spicy shrimp).
with cilantro and lime in rice cooker. Seen from above.” />Best rice to use When it comes to rice with
cilantro and lime in the rice cooker, the best type of rice you can use is long-grain rice. Short-grain rice is stickier, like sushi rice, so it’s not entirely suitable for this recipe.
There are many different types of long grain rice available, so here are the top 4 options you can choose for this recipe:
- Basmati rice. This is the preferred option because it is chewy, packed with nutrients and is much tastier. When cooked, it’s aromatic, fluffy and super tender. It will not be grouped in the rice cooker and is very easy to find.
- jasmine rice. This is just as popular as Basmati rice, but it’s a bit sticky and the grain is a bit longer. It is also aromatic and could work well for this.
- Carolina Oro Rice. This is a well-known variety of long-grain rice in the United States and will work well, but lacks the aroma of Basmati or Jasmine rice.
- Mogra rice. This variety of long-grain rice can also work well for the recipe. It is fragrant and is a good alternative to Basmati rice.
and lime rice
in the rice cooker involves simple ingredients, but when put together, they create a well-balanced and versatile dish
Here’s a breakdown of ingredients so you know exactly why you’re using them
- Long grain rice. As mentioned above, long grain rice is the best type of rice you can use for this recipe. It is fluffy, tender, aromatic and fragrant. It will absorb flavors very well and is also what makes this garnish so versatile.
- celery. Cilantro is fresh, citrus, acidic and complex. It has a more intense flavor than parsley and is a common ingredient in many Mexican recipes.
- file. Lemon juice is a must for Mexican cilantro rice and provides some acidity and acidity. It also provides a little sweetness!
- Vegetable broth. Vegetable broth will improve the taste of rice. It is a great seasoning because it is very aromatic and also adds a little color to the dish.
- Garlic and onion powder. Although garlic powder and onion powder taste different than fresh garlic and onions because they are not as intense, it is an easy way to add more flavor to the dish.
- olive oil. Rice always needs a little oil! Olive oil is very tasty and aromatic, making it a great addition to the recipe.
- salt. Last but not least, you need salt to enhance the taste of the rice itself and all these delicious ingredients. You can add it to rice water and then adjust it to taste when the rice is ready.
It is important to note that this is not an authentic Mexican recipe. It was invented by Chipotle, America’s popular fast-food chain. But, if you love their rice, this is how you will learn how to make it at home.
How to make cilantro and lime rice in the rice cooker Place the rice in a bowl and
wash well by changing the water three or four times or until the water becomes clean and transparent
Drain the rice and
place it in the rice cooker with garlic powder, onion powder, vegetable
broth and salt.
The amount of salt you add depends on the type of broth you use, some brands contain more salt than others.
Pour water (I’m using 2 cups of water, but see your rice cooker’s instructions for best results). Also add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and a few sprigs of cilantro.
Stir to combine, cover and place your rice cooker. Mine takes about 15 minutes to cook through long-grain rice, again, check your rice cooker brand instructions.
This is what rice looks like after exactly 15 minutes. You can remove the cooked coriander sprigs or leave them, it’s up to you.
Now, take a fork and sponge the rice, be soft, as it is still hot, we don’t want to end up with soft rice. Let cool for about 10 minutes.
While the rice is cooling, wash and pat the cilantro dry, then cut it well. Also, squeeze a file and keep everything aside.
Then add the chopped cilantro, lemon juice and remaining olive oil.
And mix everything to combine well. Don’t forget to taste and add salt if necessary.
What about cilantro and lime rice
? Rice with cilantro
is one of
those side dishes that go well with a wide variety of recipes. Here are some things that go deliciously well with Mexican cilantro rice so you can enjoy this delicious rice in many different ways:
- Papas a la Mexicana. This is a vegetarian dish that works well for any time of the day. It’s super easy to make, tasty and cost-effective. Accompany it with cilantro rice and you have a delicious and nutritious meal.
- Fried Mojarra. The flavors in Mexican cilantro rice pair perfectly with fried fish. I recommend that you serve this combo with a little extra lime on the side to enhance the flavor of the fish.
- Potato pancakes. These potato and cheesecakes are delicious and filling. Although they are good on their own, they are best when served with a fresh side dish like this cilantro rice.
- Mexican tuna. This recipe is one of the best ways to turn canned tuna into a delicious meal. It will only take you 20 minutes to prepare this and you will enjoy every bite.
- Shrimp with chipotle cream. Shrimp in creamy Chipotle sauce and cilantro rice are a combination made in heaven. This recipe is tasty, spicy and a little smoky, which goes well with fresh and sour rice.
- Tinga. Chicken tinga is not only easy to make, but full of flavor thanks to tomato sauce and chipotle peppers. You can make tacos, tostadas and even burritos with it. But if you want to keep it simple, serve it with cilantro rice.
- Red beef chili. This red chili stew is one of the best Mexican recipes and the rice will complement it beautifully. This stew is definitely a comfort meal with intense flavors, perfect for lunch or dinner.
- . You’ll be able to use it for many different recipes and it’s even good on its own with a liquid fried egg on top!
On its own
cilantro and lime rice in the rice cooker.” />How to store and
This rice with cilantro and lime in rice cooker is perfect to prepare in advance and store for later. Simply place the rice in an airtight container and put it in the fridge where it will last up to 4-5 days.
You can also freeze it for up to 3-4 months, just transfer the rice to safe containers. I like to use zippered bags and press the air out of the bags, but you can also use suitable glass containers that better maintain flavors.
To reheat: Thaw rice in the refrigerator overnight (if frozen), place it in a pan and heat over medium heat by mixing occasionally. Or microwave and heat again at 1-minute intervals.